I have serious problems and I have already done damage

Get help for specific problems

stratoblu

Sorry for my english Google. . .
I still have not understood how to use Freefilesync, and I accidentally deleted files and directories instead of protecting and dubbing them...

Despite having added a number of directories in the left pane of the disk D all objects to be duplicated (MIRROR) in the right panel (Disk E)

when I do the comparison, I find numerous items to the right where the direction it seems to be right (Disk E) to the left (Disco D), so going to overwrite the source, which of course MUST NOT be overwritten.

I repeat: I entered the mode MIRROR RIGHT to the LEFT.

How come it seems that the right items will be copied to the left????????

Help! Please !

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(for me..)
Pur avendo inserito nel pannello di sinistra numerose directories del disco D,
tutti gli oggetti da duplicare (SPECCHIO) nel pannello di destra (Disco E)

quando faccio la comparazione, trovo numerosi oggetti a destra in cui la direzione sembra che sia da destra (disco E) verso sinistra (Disco D), andando così a sovrascrivere la sorgente, che ovviamente NON DEVE ESSERE SOVRASCRITTA.

Ripeto: ho inserito la modalità SPECCHIO da DESTRA VERSO SINISTRA.

Come mai oggetti di destra sembra che andranno copiati a sinistra ????????????????

Aiuto, per favore !

stratoblu

Uppp . . .

NightOwl

hoi krel,
sorry for you that you deleted some files, maybe the following may get you a better start; but please consider this first: as with any program, you have to read the manual, which is very clear in this case, and preferably test the program with some "dummy" files until you fully understand it. i've used FFS for a long time and it has never ever done any damage whatsoever.

just to help you: as far as i understand, you want a sort of backup (mirror):

create a new pair of folders to synchronize, let's say a directory C:\YourFiles in the left panel to an -already existing- directory on another drive, e.g. D:\YourBackup on the right side

set the synchronization settings (the green gear on the right) to Mirror
(FFS has many other features, but for now, leave all to default);

just click Compare (and check the results), then Synchronize, and you will get an exact copy (a mirror) of your files in your backup directory (nothing will be changed in the left side directory)

good luck

stratoblu

Thanks for your reply ...

MAYBE I UNDERSTAND!!!!!!

In the list of things to do (list of files to copy from left to right)
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO BE DONE FIRST ??????? !!!!!!!!!!

THE FIRST AT THE TOP OF THE LIST (ON TOP OF THE LIST) ON FFS OR THE LAST BOTTOM ?????

That would explain everything...

Assuming you have two processes:

a process that makes a copy of the folder C:\user\Username\*.* to E:\User\Username\*.*

and a second process that makes a copy from E:\User\Username\*.* to M:\User\Username (eg.)

If the batch process of FFS were made ​​before the copy M:\to E:\ instead of copying from C:\ to E:\ data from E:\ most recent would be overwritten . . .

But this for the moment does not explain why were overwritten data from C:\User\Username since the direction C:\ to E:\ is unique !!!!
I do not understand ...

for me...

FORSE HO CAPITO !!!!!!

Nella lista delle operazioni da fare (lista dei files a sinistra da copiare verso destra)

QUALE è IL PRIMO PROCESSO AD ESSERE ESEGUITO ????

IL PRIMO IN ALTO DELLA LISTA (IN CIMA ALLA LISTA) SU FFS OPPURE L'ULTIMO IN BASSO ????

Questo spiegherebbe tutto,

Supponendo di avere due processi:

un processo che fa la copia della cartella C:\user\Nome Utente\*.* verso E:\User\Nomeutente\*.*

ed un secondo processo che fa una copia da E:\User\Nomeutente\*.* verso M:\User\Nomeutente (per es.)

Se nel processo batch di FFS venisse fatta prima la copia da M:\ verso E:\ anziché la copia da C:\ verso E:\ i dati di E:\ più recenti verrebbero sovrascritti

Ma questo per il momento non spiega per quale motivo sono stati sovrascritti i dati di C:\User\Nomeutente dal momento che la direzione C:\ verso E:\ è univoca...

NightOwl

hello,

maybe it's easier to start without the use of batch-files, and to create multiple sync-configurations, to run one by one in the right order:

create a new sync-configuration with the pairs to sync first, an another with the pairs to sync after the first one is done; then simply run the two sets in the right order

if you want to sync automatically, without "manually" starting FFS, you can create the (in this sample two) batch-files via the configuration panel at the left-bottom; furthermore, you can shedule the process using windows sheduler (there's good help on this provided by FFS, you find it after clicking the "batch-icon" to create the batch-files)

succes