Files are missing/not found?

Get help for specific problems

Caine123

i copied my whole PLUGINS folder manually, then i had to cancel the copy process cause i went away. later i copied again without overwriting with win10.
then i started FFS and look, files are missing, why are files missing and FFS not finding them?

i also did a test with NOT excluding anything

Gianni1962

Some files and folders are excluded by the default exclude filter:

\System Volume Information\
\$Recycle.Bin\
\RECYCLER\
\RECYCLED\
*\desktop.ini
*\thumbs.db
Site Admin

Zenju

Caine123

thanks but this is a weird case, please check both pics! as you should have seen i didnt exclude anything + check this plz.

the folder is still missing in the preferences window

opening the folder on F:\ and the backup created on H:\ you CLEARLY see the files are there?! how can this be?

Site Admin

Zenju

This looks like being caused by folder permissions. Windows Explorer simply won't count items contained in folders it doesn't have access to. FreeFileSync OTOH should report an error in this case, but from the screenshot it looks like it has done its job properly.

Caine123

This looks like being caused by folder permissions. Windows Explorer simply won't count items contained in folders it doesn't have access to. FreeFileSync OTOH should report an error in this case, but from the screenshot it looks like it has done its job properly. Zenju, 26 Sep 2017, 17:08
thanks even i can access those folders? cause i created those. can i still adjust FFS so it directly copies like the original folders? so i get the same amount shown?
Site Admin

Zenju

thanks even i can access those folders? cause i created those. Caine123, 26 Sep 2017, 17:26
Things are not so simple when it comes to permissions. The question is: What rights did the Explorer process have?
can i still adjust FFS so it directly copies like the original folders? so i get the same amount shown? Caine123, 26 Sep 2017, 17:26
Didn't FFS already copy all files? Seems to be the case from your screenshots.

Caine123

thanks even i can access those folders? cause i created those. Caine123, 26 Sep 2017, 17:26
Things are not so simple when it comes to permissions. The question is: What rights did the Explorer process have?
can i still adjust FFS so it directly copies like the original folders? so i get the same amount shown? Caine123, 26 Sep 2017, 17:26
Didn't FFS already copy all files? Seems to be the case from your screenshots. Zenju, 26 Sep 2017, 17:35
thanks, yes it did but without investigation (or with folders which have 500 subfolders and more) it would have been annoying to check and find out, this was kinda luck ...