how exactly update option works?

Get help for specific problems

updiepop

it I chose content 'compare' and select update will it copy only the changed bits of the file or it overwrites the whole file
for example say one my laptop I started downloading a torrent with the file size 50 GB which contains ten iso files 5GB each
when it hits download completes 50% that is 25GB i stopped downloading the torrent copied downloaded data over to my desktop via LAN and continued downloaded there
NOW Once it hit's 80% that is 40GB and for some reason I want to continue the rest of the download on my laptop and I use content compare and and chose to update will it overwrite all the 10 iso files and by doing that it essentially copying 50GB which is time consuming or, it will just updates the each files with the new bits resulting 15GB file transfer which considerably takes less time?

updiepop

MR.zenju would you please elaborate

updiepop

HEllo.....

updiepop

well......

updiepop

BUMP

updiepop

BUMP

drghughes

FreeFileSync only works with whole files.

wm-sf

FreeFileSync only works with whole files.drghughes
Further
1. I would expect the torrent s/w to deal with this
2. there are algorithms like that used in rsync that are specifically designed to minimise traffic. I'd guess with v7 they could be included in FFS in future but I wouldn't expect it soon

updiepop

Further
1. I would expect the torrent s/w to deal with this
2. there are algorithms like that used in rsync that are specifically designed to minimise traffic. I'd guess with v7 they could be included in FFS in future but I wouldn't expect it soonwm-sf
Thank you booth for the info :)