Using filters

Get help for specific problems

stratoblu

Using filters

I read the help page on the insertion of filters and I have tried to apply it to the fullest. However, I can not in any way to exclude certain paths.
More specifically, all that is in: C:\Users\myUser\AppData\*.* all directories and files.

Although I have set up the filter and saved the configuration (batch) to the next control everything that is contained in the path is again included.

I know there is the possibility to select the entire set of directories/files and then exclude them. But as you know, some directories and files contained in \Appdata\ are renewed and are added daily with the use.

Can you help transcribing simply the string that can exclude all the objects contained in C:\Users\myUser\AppData\ (all files and all directories and sub-directories)?

Thanks

stratoblu

I'm always interested

a little help is appreciated. . .

up . . .

stratoblu

Still up . . .

more . . .

please . . .

stratoblu

Up . . .

stratoblu

it's possible that in this forum in four days there is no one who can give me an answer?

Is a question so difficult ??

htismaqe

I'm sure if somebody knew the answer, they would have answered. The apps author is obviously indisposed since he hasn't been on the forum in a couple of days.

Good luck getting any help now, though...

blues12

What happens if you exclude like this \*\* instead of *.*

stratoblu

Sorry, I do not understand ... How should I do?

the guide says otherwise

Please look here: http://s14.postimg.org/bhqr6xajl/Immagine.png

Files and directories are only considered for synchronization if they pass all filter rules. They have to match at least one entry in the include list and none of the entries in the exclude list as presented in the filter configuration dialog:

Each list item must be a file or directory path relative to synchronization base directories.
Multiple items must be separated by ; or a new line.
Wild cards * and ? may be used: * means zero or more characters while ? represents exactly one character.

Example: Exclude items for mirror-sync from C:\Source to D:\Target

Description
Exclude

Single file C:\Source\file.txt
\file.txt

Single folder C:\Source\SubFolder
\SubFolder\

All files (and folders) named thumbs.db
*\thumbs.db

All *.tmp files located in SubFolder only
\SubFolder\*.tmp

Files and folders containing temp somewhere in their path
*temp*

Multiple entries separated by semicolon
*.tmp; *.doc; *.bak

Exclude all files and folders located in subdirectories of base directories
\*\*

Exclude only *.txt files located in subdirectories of base directories
\*\*.txt

Note
For simple exclusions just right-click and exclude one item or a list of items directly on main grid via context menu.
A filter phrase is compared against both file and directory paths. If you want to consider directories only, you can give a hint by appending a path separator (\).

blues12

I can only judge from my situation, of course.
This exclude filter
\PaleMoon\*\*
works nicely for me, meaning it does list changes that occured in \Palemoon, but ignores changes that occured in subfolders of \Palemoon

blues12

Oops, I just realized, this forum doesn't display my text as I pasted it.
Here's what it should look like AFTER you entered the lastFolderPath you want to keep, the folder that still should be included. After this folder you add
Backslash
Asterisk
Backslash
Asterisk

Or read the manual again, what you pasted does not display correctly, either.

Read the part about "Exclude all files and folders located in subdirectories of base directories"

stratoblu

Thanks for your help ...
My filter is as follows:

C:\user\AM1-N1\AppData\*\*
D:\AM1-N1\AppData\*\* (I have in D:\ a security copy of user AM1-N1)

blues12

Are you asking me a question? Or just reporting that it works now with your new settings?

I read your first post again, and I am not sure anymore that I understand what you're saying.
Does your filter work when you run it from the GUI? And not work anymore as soon as you save it as batch job?

stratoblu

After about fifty attempts I solved this way:

\AppData\Local\*slash_asterisk
\AppData\Local\*
\AppData\LocalLow\*slash_asterisk
\AppData\LocalLow\*
\AppData\Roaming\*slash_asterisk
\AppData\Roaming\*

damn ...