donating via PayPal

Discuss new features and functions

hughc

I've followed the sidebar link to donate, but when I get to Paypal, nominate a payment amount and hit the login button, I log in only to end up at an error screen. I use 2 factor authentication, but that shouldn't matter.

Just wondering if the payment flow is uptodate? The initial donation page seems to have no knowledge of my being already logged in to Paypal, when this is the case.
cheers,
Hugh
Attachments
sshot-520.png
sshot-520.png (29.37 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes the payment flow is up to date. Maybe Paypal really has technical difficulties that are resolved later. Either that or they are excellent at giving misleading error messages.

KnutKnispel

Hi,
i also tried to donate today, to gain a virus-free-Version of freefilesync. no Chance, same error as hughc!
Site Admin

Zenju

Maybe clearing the browser cache helps?

KnutKnispel

i tried several Browsers on different os (win 10 - ie + Chrome, win 7 ie)

KnutKnispel

i now didn't use the donation button on your Website, but send you a donation via PayPal Portal, Destination your Emailaddress. than an email was sent to me with a link to a virus-free Version.

thx and greets, Knut Knispel...
Attachments
2016-04-17_122413.png
2016-04-17_122413.png (8.92 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

GSV3MiaC

Donating worked OK for me, although the first time my browser didn't seem to want to go to paypal.com at all.
Mind you, I downloaded the 'free' version first, and AVG kindly caught, and stripped out, the adware references (.ocx file) for me, so I didn't need the virus free link.