Secure backup

Discuss new features and functions

glacialman

Hi Zenju,

FFS is a fantastic tool, I constantly recommend it. Everyday I do a sync of my datas, with an external drive. My principal worry are viruses that could delete/encrypt/damage the backup copy. It would be extremely useful if were possible protect the backup copy by FFS. Maybe a password to modify/delete files/folders could be the best solution, but FFS should manage all automatically. FFS already indicates the cases in which the differences between source and destination are remarkable, therefore, if the source is encrypted, the user is alarmed before performing the overwriting on the destination. Moreover, in case of theft/loss of the destination drive, the access to the datas (sometime sensitive, almost always privates) is not simple. Activating this option, the operational speed should decrease but this is not as important as the security. In my opinion, with an option like this, FFS could become an irreplaceable tool. An alternative solution is welcome as long as allows to achieve the purpose. Thanks for your attention, bye.

FileSyncExpert

@glacialman

It gives a Programm that will Eject an external or USB Drive. Its a small Freeware without any Crapware!
RemoveDrive.exe, see here= http://www.uwe-sieber.de/drivetools_e.html
You can use the (Windows) Task Scheduler for that Operation.
1.) Run FFS in Batchmode
2.) Run removedrive.exe to Eject
No Chance for Locky & Co., then the Drive not exist Anymore ;-)

For Example=
RemoveDrive.exe x: -d -e -l

Ejects Drive X:\