FFS keeps synchronizing the same files

Get help for specific problems

NightOwl

hi Zenju, first a big thanks for this program, it's probably the best sync of all.

after long time without any problems, i run into this now:

FFS keep trying to sync the same newly added files (mirror sync, and the left file is always "newer", 'cause the file date is always "today", so it's obvious that FFS will replace the file)

after a little searching, i discovered that the error occurs after installing Comodo Internet Security AND Comodo Programs Manager and when (via TaskManager) those are stopped, everything seems to run back normally

but i'm not sure about this Comodo thing, is that possible? thanks for your advice

NightOwl

EDIT...

sorry, please read "the RIGHT file is always newer..."

thx
Site Admin

Zenju

Certain Comodo versions definitively cause the issue you described:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis-b137.0/-t108076.0.html

NightOwl

thanx Zenju for the confirmation!
i already thought it was a problem with Comodo and certainly not a bug in FFS, and searching their forum makes it very clear; seems to be an "old" problem, but is occurs also nowadays...

maybe the following may be good to know for other FFS + Comodo users:

i found out this work-around helps (at least on my system, can't guarantee it for everyone): in the advanced settings of Comodo (Internet Security Premium 8.2.0.4792), go to the (auto)sandbox settings and set the "enable file source tracking" to disabled (as far as i can see, Comodo then does not write ADS streams to the files)

kind regards