permissions not fully applied

Discuss new features and functions

jriker1

I am using FreeFileSync to transfer files from one server to another. One is local the other UNC path. I have checked the options to transfer permissions and it seems to partly be doing that. However just on a quick look items like the domain adminstrators group doesn't apply. It applies the local administrators group instead or defaults to that. So instead of showing:

<domain name>\administrators

with full control. Shows

<destination machine name>\administrators

NOTE the wierdness between the brackets is the forum tool not me

Am I doing something wrong? I've checked what used to be bring over NTFS permissions. I would pull up the exact name but in the options there isn't much to pick so imagine you know the option. Installed it on my work computer to see the settings and my network port was shutdown in minutes of the install due to a virus. Hmmm.

Note I am cloning a JBOD environment from one to the other in order to retire the old one. Once transfered am going to take the old one out of the computer and put the new one into it. Just using two computers for now for the transfer process. Because of this I would expect to bring over all the permissions on the existing files. Both boxes are domain computers.

Thoughts?

JR