Sync from NTFS to NTFS failes after DST-pass

Get help for specific problems

lupatico

As newbe on this forum and having read lots of DST issues here I'd like to add my problem: In my home netwerk all files are stored on a NAS (Intel SS4000-E; 4 500Gb discs in Raid5). On a daily routine I backup (sync with FFS) these files to an external HD (Iomega 500Gb). Windows system info shows the NAS as "NTFS"-volume no ntfs-version, and the Iomega as "NTFS 3.1".
Using FFS-5.8 for over a year now, FFS for the second time declared all files as different after DST-switch whilst no files have been changed.
Is upgrading to FFS5.18 solving my problem at the next DST-switch in october? And, if not, HOW do I sync all my files without this DST issue.
FFS5.8 runs on a WINXP sp3 desktop.

drghughes

I get around this by the following setting:
<FileTimeTolerance>3622</FileTimeTolerance>
in the GlobalSettings.xml file.

lupatico

Thanks Dom, I've altered this setting and it works for me too.

aloboaleu

I have had the same problem with FAT32, both windows and linux (ubuntu 10.04).
Would the same fix work? And most important, does this fix have any collateral effect?
I mean, setting a large file time tolerance looks like a potential problem (i.e., new files not being copied).
Thanks

drghughes

I have had the same problem with FAT32, both windows and linux (ubuntu 10.04).
Would the same fix work? And most important, does this fix have any collateral effect?
I mean, setting a large file time tolerance looks like a potential problem (i.e., new files not being copied).
Thanksaloboaleu
The time tolerance is in seconds so 3622 is just over an hour.

So for there to be any problems the file would need to be changed within an hour and have the same file size.

If you're really concerned, you can change the setting only when you're interacting with the FAT32 drives.