Immediately after updating to 6.4, FFS will not run as a scheduled task.

Get help for specific problems

dkloucks

Immediately after updating to 6.4, FFS will not run as a scheduled task. WinXP SP3.
It stops with this error on all FFS scheduled tasks:
FreeFileSync - An exception occurred
Cannot get process information.
Error Code 0: The operation completed successfully.(CreateFile)

Then I have to click the "OK" button. It exits and does nothing. Scheduled tasks Last Result code is 0x3 on all FFS tasks.
All the batches are supposed to save a log file. I get nothing now when this happens.
I have even tried creating new tasks. Same results.

Any ideas?

timprice

Just confirming that I ran into exactly the same problem with version 6.4, so eventually reverted to an earlier version.

dkloucks

I can confirm that downgrading back to 6.3 does make all well.
Something is broken in 6.4.
Site Admin

Zenju

Problem should be fixed for the next release:
[404, Invalid URL: http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/FreeFileSync_6.5_beta_Windows_Setup.exe]

drghughes

Is this problem fixed in the updated Windows v6.4 version that is currently available in [404, Invalid URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/files/freefilesync/6.4/]
Site Admin

Zenju

Is this problem fixed in the updated Windows v6.4 version that is currently available in [404, Invalid URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/files/freefilesync/6.4/]drghughes
Yes, it's a show-stopper bug, but it only occurs in a specific scenario (Windows XP + task scheduler) therefore it's not important enough for a new FFS version, but so easy to fix so that there is no need to wait for 6.5.

drghughes

Yes, it's a show-stopper bug, but it only occurs in a specific scenario (Windows XP + task scheduler) therefore it's not important enough for a new FFS version, but so easy to fix so that there is no need to wait for 6.5.Zenju
Thanks Zenju!

timprice

Thanks Zenju - it's fantastic software, and additionally to fix a problem like this out of your normal update cycle is extremely kind and helpful - much appreciated!

dkloucks

Yes, it's a show-stopper bug, but it only occurs in a specific scenario (Windows XP + task scheduler) therefore it's not important enough for a new FFS version, but so easy to fix so that there is no need to wait for 6.5.Zenju
Thank you a million time over for your wonderful software and all your hard work. Even though 6.4 is fixed, who can resist the temptation to play with the 6.5 beta? ;-}

dkloucks

Thank you a million time over for your wonderful software and all your hard work. Even though 6.4 is fixed, who can resist the temptation to play with the 6.5 beta? ;-}dkloucks
Zenju, I don't usually like to report anything on "it feels like" or "it seems like", but..
I have been using 6.5 beta all day. I swear it feels and seems like it is working faster than previous versions.
Site Admin

Zenju

Zenju, I don't usually like to report anything on "it feels like" or "it seems like", but..
I have been using 6.5 beta all day. I swear it feels and seems like it is working faster than previous versions.dkloucks
Maybe this is psychological? I'm not aware of changes that would result in a noticeable perf improvement...