Freefilesync v13.3 doesn't compare ID3 tags

Discuss new features and functions

Darth Agnon

I have a couple of albums of MP3s that I'm comparing between my PC and my MP3 player. I have updated the ID3 tags (Artist, album, etc.) in the files on my PC using MP3Tag, but on the MP3 player the tags are incorrect and outdated.

On comparing the two versions of the album via FreeFileSync 13.3, no differences are detected and it does not offer to synchronise the files. File Time And Size and File Content show up as identical in FreeFileSync, but a quick visual comparison with MP3Tag shows that the tags are completely different, e.g. Artist names have had accents added, ID3 fields added.

Darth Agnon

I'm quite worried about my music collection now, as I used FreeFileSync to back it up, but if it isn't detecting changed ID3 tags, I'm worried what I've lost.

Darth Agnon

And I was dumb - I didn't realise filters persisted between sessions. I was on [Last Session] (the default) and it remembered some irrelevant filters from an older session I'd had selected previously, weeks ago. ID3 differences now detected once the filters are cleared.