please add webDAV

Discuss new features and functions

andreart

please add webDAV

or if anybody knows similar programm with WebDAV support please let me know. thx

Flowers4

The base version of raidrive is free and can mount webdav as a local drive letter.

This will enable you to use FFS with webdav.

Raidrive is a cloud mounting utility.

kongsoneo

When I mount webdav as a local drive,the sync speed is slow and unstable,So I always want the FreeFileSync can add WebDAV

Flowers4

Have you tried mounting the webdav server directly from windows file Explorer?

You can do that too.

To connect to a WebDAV server using Windows File Explorer, follow these steps:

1. **Open File Explorer:**
Open the File Explorer in Windows. You can do this by pressing the `Win + E` keys on your keyboard.

2. **Access the "Map Network Drive" Option:**
Click on the "Computer" tab in the File Explorer menu and select "Map network drive" from the top menu.

3. **Choose a Drive Letter:**
In the "Map Network Drive" window that appears, select a drive letter you'd like to assign to the WebDAV connection. Choose any available letter from the dropdown.

4. **Enter the WebDAV Server Address:**
In the "Folder" or "Drive" field, enter the address of the WebDAV server you want to connect to. The format of the address should be like: `https://your-webdav-server.com/your-folder`. Replace "your-webdav-server.com" and "your-folder" with the actual WebDAV server address and specific folder path you want to connect to.

5. **Check "Connect using different credentials" (if necessary):**
If your WebDAV server requires different credentials (username and password), check the box that says "Connect using different credentials".

6. **Enter Username and Password (if prompted):**
If you've checked the "Connect using different credentials" box, enter the username and password required to access the WebDAV server. Otherwise, your Windows credentials will be used.

7. **Click "Finish" and Connect:**
After entering the necessary details, click "Finish". Windows will attempt to connect to the WebDAV server using the provided information.

8. **Access the WebDAV Drive:**
Once connected, you can access the WebDAV server through the assigned drive letter (or the location you specified) in File Explorer, just like any other folder on your system.

By following these steps, you should be able to connect and access a WebDAV server using Windows File Explorer. Remember that the availability of certain options may differ slightly based on your Windows version. If you encounter any issues, ensure you have the correct address and credentials for the WebDAV server.

Heinz

Second that, WebDAV-support is really needed.

azure55

I'm not sure whether adding WebDAV on FreeFileSync would solve the speed problem. I've read that WebDAV is normally slow whatever application you use due to it being rather outdated (and there's not much push to improve it since cloud providers prefer a vendor lock-in through their own apps rather than improving a standard).

That said, I still use WebDAV due to its simplicity, through an online backup app called Kopia. It works differently from FreeFileSync, where instead of sending the files as is, it breaks down the files to save space (called deduplication), the backups are read-only, and Kopia is required to open them. However, it's really fast (and secure as they're encrypted), so if your goal is only for backups, you can give it a try.

Another app you can try is Cryptomator. It's primary goal is encrypting files in the cloud, but I've read that it supports mounting WebDAV.

Heinz

Thanks for the tip with Kopia.
Unfortunately Cryptomator doesn't work with FFS.