Syncing all the time the same files - problems with the dates

Discuss new features and functions

sr21ffs

I found the following problem using the last version of FreeFileSync (13.1) in macOS.

I have a large set of files that I synchronize every day, by using the "mirror" method, in an external disk. The problem is that every time those files are mirrored the dates in the target files are set to the current ones (and so newer than the ones at the origin folder). So, the next time I try to synchronize there is a difference in the dates (the dates in the target are newer than in the origin) and so they get copied again. As a result, every time I synchronize tons of GB are copied when they should not. Of course, I can solve the problem by setting the method to identify equal files to just comparing file sizes rather than both file sizes and dates, but this could be dangerous (a file could actually change in origin and maintain its file size).

I don't remember this happening before. Can this be solved? Any idea or hint is very welcome.

moongate

Hello sr21ffs,

I just replied in the help section of this forum as I am having the same issue that file dates are set to the sync date/time which was not formerly the case.

The post is called: File "modified" date/time changed

I explain what testing I did and that FreeFileSync did not have this behavior and created the correct source and target dates / times.

Best moongate

sr21ffs

Thanks a lot! I'll follow that thread. Yes, it's exactly the same problem I'm having!