Two external drives - Neverending Sync PingPong

Get help for specific problems

Simtob76

Hello. My English is not good enough for this technical problem. That's why I use Google Translate (in case it sounds strange).
I sync on a Macbook Pro (Sonoma).
The data is copied to an external SSD and a USB stick (both exFAT). Sometimes I need to sync from one of the external media to another Windows PC. So they are not pure backups. I would therefore like to use the two-way method with file size and date. Since it's over 20 GB, comparing the file contents is too slow for me.
PROBLEM: I synchronize to the SSD, then to the stick. When I then compare again with the SSD, FFS wants to move all the data from the SSD back to my Mac (even though nothing has changed, just the timestamp is a few minutes newer). If I then do this and then compare it with the stick, FFS wants to copy all the data to the stick again. The whole game goes on like this: Mac-SSD Mac-Stick SSD-Mac Mac-Stick etc.
Is there any idea how I can solve or work around the problem?
Could it be the Mac? I used to only work with PCs and multiple sticks and hard drives and didn't have this problem.
Thank you in advance :-)

Simtob76

Same Problem does NOT apply, when I use a windows PC and two external drives. Whats the problem with Mac? Any Settings I have to do?

Simtob76

I tried with other folders. Now I got the message ".sync.ffs_db" could not be openened. That would explain the problem.
But I don't know how to solve this problem.

therube

What version of FFS?

Is this a new issue for you?

Did the update to Sonoma coincide with the issue?

Simtob76

I am using FFS 13.1 so I'm up to date.
This issue IS new. When I worked with Windows it never occured.
I am working mith Mac since short before the Sonoma update. I have not much experience with Macs.
It COULD BE that this issue coincided with the Sonoma update. But I am not sure because I had some other minor issues with FFS on Mac wich I solved now. Could be these minor issues got mixed in my memories. Sorry, but I can't say it precisely...

Plerry

Simtob76

Thank you. Sounds interesting. So I should wait for FFS 13.2? Or is it possible to get a beta for mac?