Freefilesync in business

Discuss new features and functions

Sonyu

Hi,
I am interested in deploying FreeFileSync in my business. This represents a rotating fleet of around 400 computers, which will surely grow further.

The feature that interests me the most is the silent installation. I did some tests with the donation version but the silent installation was removed from this version.

I have noted that this functionality is now reserved for the business edition. However, I am looking to install it on my company's fleet, not to use it commercially. And above all, €20 per device per year... On my fleet that would be €8,000 per year, it's unthinkable.
It is normal to pay for a license for software, especially when it is as well provided as FreeFileSync, but I will never get the agreement for such an amount.

Do you have a formula that would suit my situation ?

Sincerely.

xCSxXenon

You can't install in on your company's fleet without it being used commercially...?

Sonyu

What means commercially for you?
I don't intend to make money with it so for me it's not a commercial use.
I don't sell anything.

xCSxXenon

If it assists paid personnel during their work hours, it's commercial use. If its use leads to financial gain, it's commercial

Sonyu

OK,

So your answer is, if I want to use FreeFileSync in my business, I must purchase the business version, which will cost us at least €8,000? To be repaid every year if we want to keep it up to date.

Too bad... We've been using it for several years in a free version to replace SyncToy which hasn't been maintained for a long time. We wanted to move up a gear by integrating it into our deployment processes. For this it is imperative that we can use the silent installation.

I repeat that it is of course completely normal to pay for licenses, especially for software that is so well provided.
But at this price we will not be able to match it. I'll have to look elsewhere.

Sincerely.

xCSxXenon

I feel ya. It's not my software, just stating its licensing terms