Silent Installation now only for Business Version

Discuss new features and functions

qu1gon

Hi,

i use FreeFileSync private not for business but i have my onw special Win-Installation Stick with a
Setupcomplete.cmd und if i make a new install of my Windows, FFS will install auomatically silent.

I'm very disappointed that it no longer works and paying €20 just for the silent installation is a joke :(

What's more, I noticed this too late and deleted the previous version... I think 12.4 or something... now I don't have a version that I can install silently... what a great day :-(
Thank you FFS team. ^^

qu1gon

No Answer or help?

Could someone please upload at least the latest version for me that allows silent installation?
As a donor, I am already disappointed. ^^

xCSxXenon

Donation editions are unique to each donator and shouldn't be shared online to strangers

qu1gon

Sorry my english ist not the best... i know it is unique and i dont want to share it someone but it should be possible with the last one I think it was 12.4 Version, available for download again... I don't pay €20 just to be able to install it silently.

I downloaded version 13 and deleted the old one. Only then did I notice that the new version no longer allows silent installation.

qu1gon

It's a shame, I was hoping for help. But FFS doesn't seem to matter... thanks :(

qu1gon

So if I pay €20 for the business version, is that a lifetime version?

Plerry

As the FAQ page clearly states:
A license costs 20 € per device and allows for unlimited use of the FreeFileSync Business Edition, including future software updates for one year. Email notifications (which create ongoing costs for the FreeFileSync project) are guaranteed only for the duration of the update period, although there are currently no plans to end service after that.

qu1gon

Very disappointing that those responsible here don't speak up. No help or answer as to whether I can get the 12.4 version, for which I at least donated money... the next thing is the change regarding silent installation is a big bullshit. Is that the only reason I should pay €20 every year?
I was already thinking about paying the 20 € once, it would be ok because the program is good and I'm happy to support it, but as I said just because of the silent installation every year is a joke...

xCSxXenon

Dev response was linked above:
"I see "/silent" primarily as a business feature that is required for mass-installation. For private use, manual installation should be fine, and then use the auto-updater to keep current."

qu1gon

What's wrong with building the function into the donate edition and then not releasing it for commercial use? Just because the dev sees it that way, it does not have to be so... as you can see, there are many private people who also like to use this function... well too bad. Maybe you can come up with a solution for the donations edition or simply a solution so that private users also come to a version that allows silent installation.
I would be yes ready to pay 20 € once but not every year or only to have then the one function.
Excuse my displeasure but surely you can also understand something.