Problem mirroring an SFTP server

Get help for specific problems

Darien

Hello,

When I try to mirror a folder on an sftp server to a local folder with the same name, like:

sftp://<server>:<port>/Rotinas/Rotinas_TRT_Teste|chan=10|pass64=<password>

to

F:\Rotinas_TRT_Teste

The source folder is copied into the destination folder:

F:\Rotinas_TRT_Teste\Rotinas_TRT_Teste

If I try from a unit other than SFTP, the problem does not occur:

Y:\Rotinas\Rotinas_TRT_Teste

to

F:\Rotinas_TRT_Teste

LeoW

I think SFTP is functioning as designed if you specify a folder on the source side and you put it into a folder of the same name on the destination side it will create a folder inside a folder. Try going up one level on the destination side and not pre-creating the folder.

Darien

The problem is that the destination folder already exists and I'm wanting to update it. The solution then will be to rename the folder, update it and then rename it back to its original name.

LeoW

Give this a try and see if it fixes the problem.

If sftp://<server>:<port>/Rotinas/Rotinas_TRT_Teste is the source:

The destination should be Y:\Rotinas and not Y:\Rotinas\Rotinas_TRT_Teste

Try that and see if it gives you the desired results.

The other solution that I can think of is to try using rclone to mount the SFTP server, and see if you get better results. This way FFS can see a drive letter (in Windows) and a mount point in Linux.

I frequently use Rclone in conjunction with FFS. Especially since Rclone can mount over 40 different cloud providers.
Last edited by LeoW on 16 Sep 2023, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

Darien

This is also a valid solution.

Darien

I did the mapping using Rclone and the problem repeated itself. I also tried changing the destination to "Y:\Rotinas" and it started synchronizing the contents of the "Rotinas_TRT_Teste" folder on the SFTP server with the "Y:\Rotinas" folder instead of "Y:\Rotinas\Rotinas_TRT_Teste".

therube

On the SFTP page, do you set or do you need to set, 'Directory on server:' ?

Darien

Forget it, I messed up.