Error while compiling version 9.9

Get help for specific problems

Nori13

While building version 9.9 from source in Manjaro Linux (Arch Linux derivative), I get the following error:
mkdir -p ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/
g++ -std=c++14 -pipe -DWXINTL_NO_GETTEXT_MACRO -I../.. -I../../zenXml -include "zen/i18n.h" -Wall -D"warn_static(arg)= " -O3 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --cxxflags --debug=no` -pthread `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -c ../../wx+/image_resources.cpp -o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/image_resources.o
../../wx+/image_resources.cpp:18:10: fatal error: xBRZ/src/xbrz.h: No such file or directory
 #include <xBRZ/src/xbrz.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:102: ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/image_resources.o] Error 1
While looking in source.zip, I can't seem to find xbrz.h, is this something supposed to be included in the zip file?

bgstack15

I'm trying to compile FreeFileSync in Fedora. Here's what I've found so far.

xBRZ is another project by Zenju: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbrz/
Extracting the source zip to FreeFileSync/Source/../../xBRZ/src/ lets me past this error, but now I have a new one I'm about to investigate.

Using xBRZ 1.6 from 2018-02-27 (because FFS 9.9 is from 2018-03-09) shows this compile error:
g++ -o ../Build/FreeFileSync ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/algorithm.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/application.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/comparison.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/structures.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/synchronization.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/fs/abstract.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/fs/concrete.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/fs/native.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/file_hierarchy.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/cfg_grid.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/file_grid.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/folder_history_box.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/command_box.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/folder_selector.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/batch_config.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/batch_status_handler.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/version_check.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/file_view.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/tree_grid.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/gui_generated.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/gui_status_handler.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/main_dlg.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/progress_indicator.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/search.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/small_dlgs.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/sync_cfg.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/taskbar.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/triple_splitter.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/ui/tray_icon.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/binary.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/db_file.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/dir_lock.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/hard_filter.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/icon_buffer.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/icon_loader.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/localization.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/parallel_scan.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/process_xml.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/resolve_path.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/perf_check.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/status_handler.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/versioning.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/lib/ffs_paths.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/xml_io.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/recycler.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/file_access.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/file_io.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/file_traverser.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/zstring.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/format_unit.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/process_priority.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../zen/shutdown.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/file_drop.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/grid.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/image_tools.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/graph.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/tooltip.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/http.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/image_resources.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/popup_dlg.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/popup_dlg_generated.o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/zlib_wrap.o -s `wx-config --libs std, aui --debug=no` -lboost_thread -lboost_chrono -lboost_system -lz -pthread `pkg-config --libs   gtk+-3.0` `pkg-config --libs libselinux`
../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/../../wx+/image_resources.o: In function `std::thread::_State_impl<std::thread::_Invoker<std::tuple<zen::InterruptibleThread::InterruptibleThread<(anonymous namespace)::DpiParallelScaler::DpiParallelScaler(int)::{lambda()#1}>((anonymous namespace)::DpiParallelScaler::DpiParallelScaler(int)::{lambda()#1}&&)::{lambda()#1}> > >::_M_run()':
image_resources.cpp:(.text+0x2458): undefined reference to `xbrz::scale(unsigned long, unsigned int const*, unsigned int*, int, int, xbrz::ColorFormat, xbrz::ScalerCfg const&, int, int)'
image_resources.cpp:(.text+0x247d): undefined reference to `xbrz::bilinearScale(unsigned int const*, int, int, unsigned int*, int, int)'
//usr/lib64/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: undefined reference to `__divmodti4@GCC_7.0.0'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:105: FreeFileSync] Error 1
I will try it with the next-most-recent version of the xBRZ library in the next day or two.

bgstack15

I'm still using xBRZ 1.6. I fixed the image_resources.cpp errors above by including the xbrz.cpp file in the Makefile:
CPP_LIST+=../../xBRZ/src/xbrz.cpp
But I'm still facing the libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37 error. I'm guessing it's a library problem with Fedora's current version of that library. I'm still investigating.

Nori13

After doing both of the above (adding the xBRZ files into the appropriate directory and adding xbrz.cpp to the Makefiles) I was able to successfully compile FreeFileSync. Thanks for the help! ^^

I still wonder if Zenju meant to add xBRZ into FreeFileSync's source zip before releasing it.

bgstack15

@Nori13, help me out if you get a chance. What version of /usr/lib64/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so are you using to compile? In Fedora it comes from package webkitgtk4-2.18.6-1.fc27.x86_64, and https://webkitgtk.org/ indicates that is the current stable version.

It looks like manjaro is using the same version of that lib, per https://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=manjaro&pkglist=true&version=stable#pkglist.

Maybe Fedora has bundled it wrong, or maybe you're using the unstable version?

Nori13

It does seem like i'm using the same version.
[nori@i3rd ~]$ ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libwebkit2gtk
libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so
libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37
libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37.24.9
One thing I did find was that I had to add
CPP_LIST+=../../xBRZ/src/xbrz.cpp
to /FreeFileSync/Source/Makefile (as suggested) and then add
CPP_LIST+=../../../xBRZ/src/xbrz.cpp
to /FreeFileSync/Source/RealTimeSync/Makefile before FreeFileSync compiled. I think you might be having the same problem?

bgstack15

I'm pretty sure it's how Fedora packaged webkitgtk. I'm going to have to fiddle with that package.

In the mean time, @Nori13, I was reading your comments on AUR, and I don't want to make an account there. So if you ever see this, here you go:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freefilesync/?comments=all
--- 9.7-1/FreeFileSync/Source/ui/small_dlgs.cpp    2018-01-12 11:36:56.000000000 -0500
+++ 9.9-1/FreeFileSync/Source/ui/small_dlgs.cpp    2018-03-10 17:22:04.488945614 -0500
@@ -952,6 +961,8 @@
     //setMainInstructionFont(*m_staticTextMain);

m_bitmapActivation->SetBitmap(getResourceImage(L"website"));
+    // Fedora 27 does not have wxWidgets 3.1.1 yet. https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/69b66e9e2e2b8e49e3816acdde079686ce9b0da1
+    //m_textCtrlOfflineActivationKey->ForceUpper();

m_textCtrlLastError           ->ChangeValue(lastErrorMsg);
     m_textCtrlManualActivationUrl ->ChangeValue(manualActivationUrl);
The line with the ForceUpper function call was added between versions 9.7 and 9.9 -- I did a diff of the 9.7 version I built and the 9.9 version I am trying to build. It's inside a function about ActivationDlg. I assume that has something to do with activating the application, like maybe in the donation edition or something. Maybe you could try commenting the line out and the rest of the application should finish compiling.

Nori13

It was added in 9.9 as it did not appear in 9.8, but there may be other things from wxgtk 3.1.x besides ForcedUpper that it needs to either build or function - there's a lot of things I'm looking at since I'm the AUR maintainer for FreeFileSync, but I'll see how much that changes things when I get the chance.

Since I forgot to look at the package version in the post before, I do show that I'm using the same version of the package, albeit a different package name (webkit2gtk).
[nori@i3rd ~]$ yaourt -Qs webkit
extra/qt5-webkit 5.212.0alpha2-12 (qt qt5)
    Classes for a WebKit2 based implementation and a new QML API
extra/webkit2gtk 2.18.6-1
    GTK+ Web content engine library
So I'm going to have to agree with you that it's something to do with Fedora's packaging.

bgstack15

I was able to compile it on Fedora 27! I don't understand what happened on that first vm. I just started over on a second vm (after I totally ruined the first one, through some qcow2 disk manipulation that went wrong). I had also tried to compile webkitgtk4, but it kept showing some weird error:
# rpmbuild -bb ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/webkit
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
cd /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6 /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=
Scanning dependencies of target WebKit2-4-gir
Scanning dependencies of target WebKit2WebExtension-4-gir
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
make -f Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2WebExtension-4-gir.dir/build.make Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2WebExtension-4-gir.dir/build
make -f Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/build.make Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
Scanning dependencies of target gtkdoc
make -f Source/CMakeFiles/gtkdoc.dir/build.make Source/CMakeFiles/gtkdoc.dir/build
[ 99%] Generating ../../WebKit2-4.0.gir
[ 99%] Generating ../../WebKit2-4.0.gir
cd /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit && CC=/usr/bin/cc CFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated-declarations LDFLAGS= LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib:" /usr/bin/g-ir-scanner --quiet --warn-all --symbol-prefix=webkit --identifier-prefix=WebKit --namespace=WebKit2 --nsversion=4.0 --include=GObject-2.0 --include=Gtk-3.0 --include=Soup-2.4 --include-uninstalled=/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/JavaScriptCore-4.0.gir --library=webkit2gtk-4.0 --library=javascriptcoregtk-4.0 -L/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib --no-libtool --pkg=gobject-2.0 --pkg=gtk+-3.0 --pkg=libsoup-2.4 --pkg-export=webkit2gtk-4.0 --output=/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/WebKit2-4.0.gir --c-include="webkit2/webkit2.h" -DBUILDING_WEBKIT -DWEBKIT2_COMPILATION -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/JavaScriptCore -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/JavaScriptCore/ForwardingHeaders -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/ForwardingHeaders/webkit2gtk /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk/webkit2/WebKitEnumTypes.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk/webkit2/WebKitVersion.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitApplicationInfo.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAuthenticationRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAutocleanups.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAutomationSession.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitBackForwardList.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitBackForwardListItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitColorChooserRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitCredential.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenu.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenuActions.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenuItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitCookieManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitDefines.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitDownload.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitEditingCommands.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitEditorState.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitError.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFaviconDatabase.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFileChooserRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFindController.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFormSubmissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitForwardDeclarations.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitGeolocationPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitHitTestResult.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitInstallMissingMediaPluginsPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitJavascriptResult.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitMimeInfo.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNavigationAction.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNavigationPolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNetworkProxySettings.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNotificationPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNotification.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitOptionMenu.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitOptionMenuItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPlugin.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPrintCustomWidget.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPrintOperation.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitResponsePolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitScriptDialog.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSecurityManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSecurityOrigin.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSettings.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURIRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURIResponse.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURISchemeRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserContent.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserContentManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserMediaPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebContext.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebInspector.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebResource.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebView.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebViewBase.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebViewSessionState.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebsiteData.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebsiteDataManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWindowProperties.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/webkit2.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/Shared/API/glib/*.cpp /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/glib/*.cpp /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/*.cpp
cd /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit && CC=/usr/bin/cc CFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated-declarations LDFLAGS= LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib:" /usr/bin/g-ir-scanner --quiet --warn-all --symbol-prefix=webkit --identifier-prefix=WebKit --namespace=WebKit2 --nsversion=4.0 --include=GObject-2.0 --include=Gtk-3.0 --include=Soup-2.4 --include-uninstalled=/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/JavaScriptCore-4.0.gir --library=webkit2gtk-4.0 --library=javascriptcoregtk-4.0 -L/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib --no-libtool --pkg=gobject-2.0 --pkg=gtk+-3.0 --pkg=libsoup-2.4 --pkg-export=webkit2gtk-4.0 --output=/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/WebKit2-4.0.gir --c-include="webkit2/webkit2.h" -DBUILDING_WEBKIT -DWEBKIT2_COMPILATION -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/JavaScriptCore -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/JavaScriptCore/ForwardingHeaders -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk -I/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/ForwardingHeaders/webkit2gtk /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk/webkit2/WebKitEnumTypes.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/DerivedSources/webkit2gtk/webkit2/WebKitVersion.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitApplicationInfo.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAuthenticationRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAutocleanups.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitAutomationSession.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitBackForwardList.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitBackForwardListItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitColorChooserRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitCredential.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenu.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenuActions.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitContextMenuItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitCookieManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitDefines.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitDownload.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitEditingCommands.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitEditorState.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitError.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFaviconDatabase.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFileChooserRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFindController.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitFormSubmissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitForwardDeclarations.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitGeolocationPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitHitTestResult.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitInstallMissingMediaPluginsPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitJavascriptResult.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitMimeInfo.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNavigationAction.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNavigationPolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNetworkProxySettings.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNotificationPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitNotification.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitOptionMenu.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitOptionMenuItem.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPlugin.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPrintCustomWidget.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitPrintOperation.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitResponsePolicyDecision.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitScriptDialog.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSecurityManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSecurityOrigin.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitSettings.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURIRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURIResponse.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitURISchemeRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserContent.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserContentManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitUserMediaPermissionRequest.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebContext.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebInspector.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebResource.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebView.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebViewBase.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebViewSessionState.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebsiteData.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWebsiteDataManager.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/WebKitWindowProperties.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/webkit2.h /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/Shared/API/glib/*.cpp /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/glib/*.cpp /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/gtk/*.cpp
[ 99%] Generating ../docs-build.stamp
/usr/bin/cmake -E env CC=/usr/bin/cc "CFLAGS=-Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wwrite-strings -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -Wcast-align -Wextra -Wall -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -DUSER_AGENT_GTK_DISTRIBUTOR_NAME='\"Fedora\"' -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-exceptions -Wno-unused-parameter" /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/generate-gtkdoc
/usr/bin/ld: /home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectD8roeO/WebKit2-4.0: hidden symbol `__divmodti4' in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/libgcc.a(_divmoddi4.o) is referenced by DSO
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
linking of temporary binary failed: Command '['/usr/bin/cc', u'-o', u'/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectD8roeO/WebKit2-4.0', '-Wno-deprecated-declarations', u'/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectD8roeO/WebKit2-4.0.o', '-L.', '-Wl,-rpath,.', '-Wl,--no-as-needed', '-lwebkit2gtk-4.0', '-ljavascriptcoregtk-4.0', '-L/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib', '-Wl,-rpath,/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib', u'-Wl,--export-dynamic', u'-lgmodule-2.0', u'-pthread', u'-lglib-2.0', u'-lgtk-3', u'-lgdk-3', u'-lpangocairo-1.0', u'-lpango-1.0', u'-latk-1.0', u'-lcairo-gobject', u'-lcairo', u'-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0', u'-lsoup-2.4', u'-lgio-2.0', u'-lgobject-2.0', u'-lglib-2.0']' returned non-zero exit status 1
/usr/bin/ld: webkitdomgtk-4.0-scan: hidden symbol `__divmodti4' in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/libgcc.a(_divmoddi4.o) is referenced by DSO
WARNING:root:Linking scanner failed: 1, command: /usr/bin/cc webkitdomgtk-4.0-scan.o -L/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib -lwebkit2gtk-4.0 -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo-gobject -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lsoup-2.4 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -ljavascriptcoregtk-4.0 -lglib-2.0 -Wl,-z,relro -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld -o webkitdomgtk-4.0-scan
/usr/binTraceback (most recent call last):
/ld  File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/generate-gtkdoc", line 200, in <module>
:    saw_warnings = generate_documentation(webkitdom_generator)
   File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/generate-gtkdoc", line 148, in generate_documentation
/    return generate_doc(generator, arguments.skip_html)
  File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/generate-gtkdoc", line 135, in generate_doc
home    generator.generate(not skip_html)
/  File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/gtkdoc.py", line 143, in generate
bgstack15/    rpmbuildself._run_gtkdoc_scangobj()
  File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/gtkdoc.py", line 336, in _run_gtkdoc_scangobj
/BUILD    env=env, cwd=self.output_dir)
/  File "/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/Tools/gtk/gtkdoc.py", line 209, in _run_command
webkitgtk-2.18.6/    % (args[0], process.returncode))
x86_64Exception: gtkdoc-scangobj produced a non-zero return code 1
-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectqM2R2q/WebKit2-4.0: hidden symbol `__divmodti4' in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/libgcc.a(_divmoddi4.o) is referenced by DSO
linking of temporary binary failed: Command '['/usr/bin/cc', u'-o', u'/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectqM2R2q/WebKit2-4.0', '-Wno-deprecated-declarations', u'/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectqM2R2q/WebKit2-4.0.o', '-L.', '-Wl,-rpath,.', '-Wl,--no-as-needed', '-lwebkit2gtk-4.0', '-ljavascriptcoregtk-4.0', '-L/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib', '-Wl,-rpath,/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib', u'-Wl,--export-dynamic', u'-lgmodule-2.0', u'-pthread', u'-lglib-2.0', u'-lgtk-3', u'-lgdk-3', u'-lpangocairo-1.0', u'-lpango-1.0', u'-latk-1.0', u'-lcairo-gobject', u'-lcairo', u'-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0', u'-lsoup-2.4', u'-lgio-2.0', u'-lgobject-2.0', u'-lglib-2.0']' returned non-zero exit status 1
make[2]: *** [Source/CMakeFiles/gtkdoc.dir/build.make:66: docs-build.stamp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:121: Source/CMakeFiles/gtkdoc.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2WebExtension-4-gir.dir/build.make:74: WebKit2-4.0.gir] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/build.make:69: WebKit2-4.0.gir] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1796: Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2WebExtension-4-gir.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1455: Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
make: *** [Makefile:155: all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/bgstack15/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkitgtk-2.18.6/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.PBodOd (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.PBodOd (%build)

real    207m14.846s
user    478m2.888s
sys    77m50.735s
So on my second vm, everything compiled fine after the appropriate patches for wxgtk <3.1.1 and so on.

Nori13

After looking through that output, I isolated this from the last mention of it (there's a couple earlier iterations):
-redhat-linux-gnu/Source/WebKit/tmp-introspectqM2R2q/WebKit2-4.0: hidden symbol `__divmodti4' in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/libgcc.a(_divmoddi4.o) is referenced by DSO
and doing a quick search yields this link as the first result, which explains
You get this problem if the problem DSO has not been built correctly for use as a DSO.
so I guess something was broken at some point.
-
I'm not sure if you kept up on the comments for FreeFileSync on AUR, but it seems like there was another wxgtk 3.1.x function call which is in in wx+/grid.cpp:
const double scrollSpeed = wnd_.ToDIP(overlapPix) * mouseDragSpeedIncScrollU; //unit: [scroll units / sec]
Setting it to 6 and commenting out the rest of the line to become
const double scrollSpeed = 6 //wnd_.ToDIP(overlapPix) * mouseDragSpeedIncScrollU; //unit: [scroll units / sec]
and commenting the line with ForceUpper allows FreeFileSync to be built with wxgtk 3.0.x.

bgstack15

I did run into that. I think I had looked up the 9.7 code and put it back in,whatever it was.

Thanks for the further help!

Nori13

Not a problem. ^^

xurc

Hi,

I'm also facing compilation error, but different than mentioned above:
mkdir -p ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/
g++ -std=c++14 -pipe -DWXINTL_NO_GETTEXT_MACRO -I../.. -I../../zenXml -include "zen/i18n.h" -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --cxxflags --debug=no` -pthread `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -c algorithm.cpp -o ../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/algorithm.o
/bin/sh: 1: wx-config: not found
In file included from algorithm.h:13:0,
                 from algorithm.cpp:7:
lib/process_xml.h:11:23: fatal error: wx/gdicmn.h: No such file or directory
 #include <wx/gdicmn.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:102: recipe for target '../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/algorithm.o' failed
make: *** [../Obj/FFS_GCC_Make_Release/ffs/src/algorithm.o] Error 1
1. Where can I find file wx/gdicmn.h ?
2. What is wx-config (not found issue)?

Br,
xurc

ps. I'm trying to compile FFS to the Synology's DSM (for NAS) just for command line usage. Is it possible to make it work there? (For now I'm focused only on compiling FFS).

xurc

Hi,

I've managed with the errors above (missing libwxgtk3.0-dev and libboost-all-dev).

I must say, that I'm quite disappointed. The command line is strongly connected with GTK+ which is preventing it use in non-UI environments like my NAS. Am I missing something?

BR,
xurc

bgstack15

Xurc, in a cli environment you are probably going to be interested in using rsync. Now, about compiling, is it possible to compile on a dev system that includes gtk, and then execute on a system without gtk?

About the packages that provide that file, on my Fedora machine:
[bgstack15@fc27x-02a|/home/bgstack15]$ grep PRETTY_NAME /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Fedora 27 (Twenty Seven)"
[bgstack15@fc27x-02a|/home/bgstack15]$ locate gdicmn.h
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h
/usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/gdicmn.h
/usr/include/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/gdicmn.h
[bgstack15@fc27x-02a|/home/bgstack15]$ locate gdicmn.h | xargs -n1 rpm -qf
wxGTK-devel-2.8.12-29.fc27.x86_64
wxGTK3-devel-3.0.3-5.fc27.x86_64
compat-wxGTK3-gtk2-devel-3.0.2-32.fc27.x86_64
So you need to find one or multiple of those types of packages for DSM. Now, the website for all three of those packages is http://www.wxwidgets.org/.
And to compile that I'm pretty sure you're going to need GTK... but I might be wrong.

xurc

Hi,

Initially I was thinking (I don't know why I didn't check that before) that there are separate executables for UI and command line, but I obviously was wrong.

rsync is a great tool, but I cannot use it in one environment I need to backup. On that env there is only SFTP access, so I was thinking about compiling FreeFileSync as a command line for DSM. Moreover, as I see the source code, it would be hard to separate UI from copy/compare/backup algorithms.
And yes, GTK is required, so my plan is wiped out

BR,
xurc

ps. It would be a great feature to seperate command line tool from GTK;) It could be used almost everywhere then.