Syncing into a veracrypt file container grinds to a halt

Get help for specific problems

rothschild86

First noticed the issue in 8.7. Sync would start fine and then quickly deteriorate to 100 kb/s. Reverted to 8.6 - still the same problem. Upgraded to 8.9 - still the same.

Eventually downgraded to 7.9 - works perfect.

Just thought I'd report this. Can provide whatever details needed.
Site Admin

Zenju

It would be surprising if the speed could be attributed to changes in FFS. All versions use the same Windows copy routine. A quick test with a 10 GB veracrypt exFAT volume (on SSD) didn't show any perf issues.

rothschild86

I hear you. I'm baffled too. There is definitely an underlying problem besides FFS. I noticed that 7.9 also drops to a crawl speed at times, but it is able to recover within a couple of seconds and proceed at normal speed. While 8.x slows down and never recovers. I know there is a bunch of factors at play - just thought I'd mention it anyways. Thank you for responding!

JustAnotherUser

Maybe it is also important, on what kind of device this VeraCrypt container is located?
Is it a SSD, HDD, thumb- or card drive or maybe a network drive?

rothschild86

Oh, absolutely. A brand new Seagate usb 3.0. There is a good chance it is hardware related. It worked fine for the first 1tb. But for now FFS 7.9 gets the job done.