Failed to Connect to Server

Get help for specific problems

FFSuser

Hi everyone,

I am using Free File Sync 8.7 on a Windows 10 System (64bit, Build 10.0.10586) having a problem to sync my files.

My intention is to sync (mirror) my files to my NAS using SFTP.
SFTP is configured and running on my NAS.

I Created a Sync-Job with different folders on my PC and NAS.
All seams to be fine if I start the Free File Sync GUI and compare the folders or sync them via the GUI.

But if I save the settings to a NASbackup.ffs_batch-File it come up with an error message (I translated it from german to english)
Connection to SFTP-Server "NAS" failed.
Errorcode LIBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED: Authentication failed (username/password) (libssh2_userauth_password)
Username and password are correct (if I connect with a SFTP-Program everything is fine) and I wonder that all works fine if I open the FreeFileSync GUI but the job failes if started from the Batch. I do not want to activate SMB on my NAS.

I have a second Backup.ffs-batch which is used to copy some files to anothe local hard drive and this works fine.

Has anyone any idea to solve this?

Thank in advance!
Site Admin

Zenju

Technically both GUI and batch mode use the same routines to access SFTP, so this is mysterious.

FFSuser

Thats exactly my problem. If it works in GUI-Mode it should work in Batch mode.

FFSuser

If have used a portable version (7.7) before. May this cause a problem?

JustAnotherUser

Do you call the batch job via an automated task and so maybe with different user privileges?

FFSuser

Do you call the batch job via an automated task and so maybe with different user privileges?JustAnotherUser
No, I just double click the NASbackup.ffs_batch file.
I plan to use a scheduled task, but since my first tests failed ...

I am confused that
- starting* a GUI-Job to copy files to NAS via SFTP works while
- starting* a Batch-Job to copy files to NAS via SFTP failes (with the same credentials as above!) and
- starting* a Batch-Job to copy files from one internal HDD to another (without any credentials) works
- starting* a Batch-Job on a second PC to copy files to NAS via SFTP works

* via double clicking the saved file

My final plan is to morror files periodically (via scheduled task) if a specific Network is available (so the batch Job wont run every 3 hours if my network (and so my NAS) is not available).