RTS as a Service

Get help for specific problems

abbasou

Windows 11
I'm using FFS (and hopefully RTS) to sync like 6 network shares across two NAS systems. On one NAS, the shares are mounted as drives. On the other NAS I access just as
//server/share
network folders. Some shares have lots of files, others are much less. To avoid having to scan, compare, and sync all 6 shares every time FFS runs, I created a separate job for each. They all work flawlessly. I created .ffs_batch jobs for each and .ffs_real files for each batch. RTS works when I just run the .ffs_real jobs manually, and presumably would work fine if I dump them all in my startup folder.
I don't want to do this because it creates an icon in the task bar for each one, which is annoying clutter. I followed the instructions to set up Task Scheduler, set the user to SYSTEM, etc. I can see the task running in Task Manager, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens.
Any steps I'm missing or any info you need for troubleshooting?

xCSxXenon

Running under SYSTEM also runs it with the SYSTEM credentials, meaning it is trying to access the NAS/network locations with them, and they probably don't have the necessary permissions. This is one of the drawbacks of running it as SYSTEM. I am not aware of anyone who fixed this other than running it from the user's main account though. I don't know if it is possible to add the permissions to the network locations to enable SYSTEM access or if you could create a "ghost" user account with the network location permissions and then have the scheduled task run under that "ghost" user.