error

Get help for specific problems

wopavan

I try to synchronize but this message appears:
22:31:02 Info Folder pair synchronization: Mirror ->
/Users/walteroscarpavan/Documents
/Volumes/WD My Book/freefilesync/documents
22:31:02 Info Update file "/Volumes/WD My Book/freefilesync/documenti/passata/passata home.pages"
22:31:02 Error Unable to move "/Volumes/WD My Book/freefilesync/documenti/passata/passata home.pages" to trash.
CocoaError 513: Cannot move “home pass” to the Recycle Bin because you do not have the necessary privileges. [NSFileManager::trashItemAtURL]
10.31.16pm Info Update file "/Volumes/WD My Book/freefilesync/documents/auto/auto data/Auto data.numbers"
10:31:16 PM Error Could not move "/Volumes/WD My Book/freefilesync/documents/cars/car data/Car data.numbers" to the trash.
CocoaError 513: Cannot move “Car Data” to Trash because you do not have the necessary privileges. [NSFileManager::trashItemAtURL]

What does it mean? This is my computer and these are my files!
Thanks!
Walter Oscar Pavan
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-25 alle 22.32.58.png
Screenshot 2024-04-25 alle 22.32.58.png (475.14 KiB) Viewed 90 times

xCSxXenon

Set deletions to be permanent in the sync settings or figure out a way to get access to the Recycle Bin on the network device. It likely doesn't have one though

Plerry

Or use Versioning.
This moves files deleted or overwritten by your sync to a user-defined location instead of to the Recycle bin (or instead of Permanently loosing those previous versions).

wopavan

Thanks! It worked with my first external hard drive. But when I tried to repeat the same operation with my second external hard drive a window appeared with this sentence:
Unable to write file "/Volumes/WD_W2 my book/freefilesync/SyncSettings.ffs_gui.b039.tmp".

EPERM: Operation not permitted [open]

wopavan

Set deletions to be permanent in the sync settings or figure out a way to get access to the Recycle Bin on the network device. It likely doesn't have one though xCSxXenon, 25 Apr 2024, 21:50
Thanks! It worked with my first external hard drive. But when I tried to repeat the same operation with my second external hard drive a window appeared with this sentence:
Unable to write file "/Volumes/WD_W2 my book/freefilesync/SyncSettings.ffs_gui.b039.tmp".

EPERM: Operation not permitted [open]

wopavan

Set deletions to be permanent in the sync settings or figure out a way to get access to the Recycle Bin on the network device. It likely doesn't have one though xCSxXenon, 25 Apr 2024, 21:50
Finally I managed to get it working. To do this I saved the configurations on the desktop and then transferred them to a dedicated folder on the computer. In fact, it did not accept saving them on the external backup hard drive. Thanks to everyone and greetings from Italy

Plerry

> In fact, it did not accept saving them on the external backup hard drive.

As far as FFS is concerned, you are completely free to save sync configurations to, and run those from any (accessible) location you choose.
But for saving, you obviously need write permission for such location.
Most likely, that is your problem.