Thoroughly Confused about Donationn Ver vs Standard Ver

Get help for specific problems

rgadawg

I have been using v8.4 for some time and went to Download update v8.9, then got pretty confused about donation policy. I see the donation ver removes the ads, but are these ads only on installation or when I go from v8.4 to v8.9 then I will start getting ads every time I run my profiles.

I have a lot of detailed profiles that took a pretty good amount of time to set up. I really don't want to start getting ads every time I run it from the new v8.9.

Also, the piece about "updates" prices, per month, year, etc., is confusing. Does that mean if I purchase v8.9 and 1 month expires then I can't update to the "bonus featured" version and revert back to the standard version.

The bottom line on these questions are:

1. I must be able to continue to use my profiles. I have a lot of time into them
2. I don't want a bunch of ads running every time I run my profiles.

I guess the quick answer to this is simply to avoid updating FreeFileSync ever. Then, everything will continue to run as I expect it has been.

This has been an awesome program and I certainly don't mind donating, but I don't think I want to go to $5.00 per month to keep it going, and I certainly don't want to lose my profiles. A one time donation seems pretty feasible. I knew it took a lot of time to write, etc.

Thanks for your hard work in this program. When I looked around quite a few years ago for something I needed. FreeFileSync fit the bill perfectly. Robust, powerful, almost unlimited profiles, but now quite confused on the update policies. It doesn't seem to "Free" any more.

rusinko

The profiles and settings should work when you move up to another version. It did for me.