Only SFTP?

Discuss new features and functions

Kleinhirn

Hi,

in new version 8.6 is ftp not aviable.
Anyone knows anything about ftp support?

Thanks

morshlac

I spent ages getting a backup from Win10 to external drive sitting on router shared via Samba working, now thanks to stupid Windows 10 update presumably Samba share will not connect.

And although it does when share as FTP drive Freefilesync won't connect to that AARRRGGGHHHHH

farewell and goodbye freefilesync
Site Admin

Zenju

farewell and goodbye freefilesyncmorshlac
Hopefully there will be a "welcome back" soon... ;)

bart

Yes for standard FTP for me too Please!
Thank You !

llt0rresll

Thanks Zenju, you have produced a very efficient, professional and effective piece of work.

We should donate all for your good work.

Thank you for listening and thanks for yours words. "FTP will be supported in a future version"

insesa

When will the new version be released with FTP support? It's very necessary. Thanks.

rum

Approximately, when will the FFS version with FTP support be available?

crazymark84

Please add FTP support!
I love this program!
I promises send a donation when FFS have FTP function.

Fast solution waiting FTP support.
Install Netdrive, add FTP, set the letter of the drive and set "mount as... Local drive"

insesa

When will it be available?

ITmgr

+1 from me for FTP and FTPS support. There is no native SFTP support (or SSH support) directly on any version of IIS I am aware of. About 11% of web sites, according to current data, are hosted on IIS. Sounds like a small percentage, but there are over 1 billion sites, so at least 100MM sites cannot use SFTP without third-party software. Also, in many cases, the person needing to do the sync will not have access to the server in order to install SSH. The question up above was asked about active/passive. Very few publicly available FTP sites work with active connections, because it requires firewall configuration that passive does not.
Site Admin

Zenju

It would be great if some of you could provide me with login data for test accounts (just send them via email). I'm currently working on the FTP file system implementation and would like to try it out on as many real servers as possible before including it into FFS.

Kleinhirn

ok you have it

LoveFFS

Would love to see FTP support as well, can't share my login data, though.
Thanks for the excellent work so far!

maphewyk

I would like to use FreeFileSync to mirror large amounts of FTP data from read only servers. I currently use a variety if hand-rolled scripts using wget, curl, etc. but they're fragile and easy to break when paths etc. change.

For a testing site, any directory under ftp.geogratis.gc.ca/pub/nrcan_rncan/ will do

kisb

newest update says there is experimental FTP but I still cant see it...

jackoboy9

I'm a new user of FFS. Got to say it's really impressed me so far. Great job!

Only thing missing is FTP support and file tree navigation with tickboxes for including/excluding nested folders.

How's FTP support coming along?
Site Admin

Zenju

The next version, FFS 9.0 will have FTP support, no matter what. (Intentionally building some pressure to get things done...) However there are still a number of problems that need to be solved yet. Completion rate is currently 90%.
Site Admin

Zenju

Only SFTP?
Not anymore. We have FTP. :)

kurtmckee

@Zenju, thank you for all of your hard work to support FTP!!

monin

Thanks for the FTP. My files have accents (ñ, á, etc) and I have problems to sync in Windows. I want to try FTP in Ubuntu 16.04, but there is no FTP option in Ubuntu. Is it going to be included in the near future?
Site Admin

Zenju

My files have accents (ñ, á, etc) and I have problems to sync in Windows. monin, 04 May 2017, 16:08
The encoding issue has been fixed: viewtopic.php?t=4303